APA Sample Paper
We Want Your Input!
What is APA Style?
APA Style is a citation format created by the American Psychological Association. It is commonly used in the sciences.
Why Cite Sources?
- Lend authority and credibility to your work
- Allow readers (including your instructor!) to cross‐reference sources easily
- Provide consistent format
- Acknowledge academic debts and avoid plagiarism
What Are Citation Formats?
Citation formats are rules and guidelines that make writing styles uniform within a specific work or publication. They cover the following:
- Layout of the paper (margins, spaces between lines, font size, etc.)
- In-text documentation of sources (parenthetical citation)
- Source documentation at end of paper (Works Cited in MLA, References in APA)
There are many citation formats. Some of the more commonly used ones are MLA format, APA format, and Chicago format.
In-Person - Stop by the Reference Desk on the upper floor of the library
Call - Reference Desk: (972)860-4862
Email - Click on the link below