Open a Library Database
- Click on a database link in the EBSCO Databases box.
- If you are asked to login, use the same information used for eCampus login - your full student email address (example: email@example.com) and password.
Enter Search Terms
Limit Your Results
If you would like to limit your results list to be only journal articles published within the last five years, you can make changes in the Limit Your Results area below the search box.
- Journals Only: Depending on database, use checkmark box for Peer Reviewed or for Scholarly (Peer Reviewed) Journals.
- Last Five Years Only: Under Published Date, type in the oldest date in the first Year box.
You can also make these changes after you start your search. Look for the Limit To area on the left side of your results page.
View Full Text
Each article in the results list with have one or two full-text article links you can click on to view the full article.
- PDF Full Text - Looks like a scanned copy that includes anything seen in printed version (images, page numbers, charts, etc.).
- HTML Full Text - Text-only copy without page numbers. Images sometimes included separately. Options to Listen or Translate.
Email Full-Text Article and Citation
In the results list, click on the article title then click on Email under Tools (right side of page) and do the following before clicking Send.
- Email to box - Enter any email account you can access.
- Subject box - Enter something so you will recognize the email when you receive it.
- Citation Format - Use drop-down menu to select required format. Often APA for health and biology classes.Check with your instructor if not sure.